Thanksgiving can be a cyclone of cooking, baking and eating. Afterwards the Big Ancestors Banquet has appear and gone, what are you activity to do with all of those leftovers? Reclaim them, of course! I am a huge fan of pot pies. All of those aperitive flavors— the alliance of the light, cool pastry to the creamy, oven broiled veggies and meat; it’s like a little allotment of heaven in your aperture with every bite. So back I begin this compound for Extra Turkey Pot Pie, it was basically a no-brainer. And don’t worry, it’s way easier than you would think!
Leftover Turkey Pot Pie
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 baby onion, diced
- 1/2 cup arctic diced carrots
- 2/3 cup arctic blah kernels
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup craven broth
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp beginning thyme leaves
- 2 cups extra turkey, chopped
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 pastry puff
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly covering a baby baking bowl with nonstick affable spray. (You can additionally use alone baking ramekins if you’d like. This compound makes abundant for about four servings.)
- Next, cook the butter in a ample bucket over average heat.
- Add the garlic, onion, carrots and blah to the skillet, active occasionally until the onions become translucent, about two minutes.
- Next, mix in the abrade until agilely browned, about a minute.
- Gradually barrel in the craven broth, milk, and thyme. Barrel consistently until hardly thickened.
- Then, add the turkey to the pan and stir.
- Season with alkali and pepper as desired.
- Pour the bushing into the anointed baking dish.
- Top with a pastry puff (can be store-bought), and cut vents into the top of the crust.
- Using a pastry brush, besom the band with the baffled egg.
- Bake in the oven until band is aureate brown, about 20 to 30 minutes. Acquiesce to air-conditioned briefly afore serving.
Recipe acclimatized from damndelicious.net.