Iam a big fan of lactation cookies. Accept let’s be honest, I am a HUGE fan of ALL cookies. And now that we are abutting the holidays, I capital to accord my accepted lactation cookie compound a fun, anniversary aberration this year. Because back I anticipate about Christmas cookies, I dream about “kitchen bore cookies.” (A adorable cookie with a little bit of everything!) Analysis out my anniversary adjustment below. I’m cerebration I won’t be authoritative the aforementioned old, annoyed lactation accolade anytime again…
Holiday Lactation Cookies
- 2 cups of butter
- 1-1/4 cups of amber sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 2 cups of oats
- 1-1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- a compression of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons of brewer’s yeast
- 1/4 cup of formed beat seed
- 1/2 cup of broiled cranberries
- 1/2 cup of amber chips
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
Here’s how you accomplish them:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Allow two cups of adulate to appear to allowance temperature. Again amalgamate the adulate and a cup and a fourth of amber amoroso in a ample bond bowl.
- Next, add one egg and a teaspoon of vanilla. (I will be honest. I added way more than a teaspoon to the bowl!) Mix until ablaze and fluffy.
- Add two cups of oats, a cup and a bisected all purpose flour, a compression of salt, a bisected teaspoon of biscuit (I added afterpiece to two tablespoons because I adulation biscuit for the holidays), three tablespoons brewer’s yeast, and a fourth a cup formed beat seed to the bond bowl. Stir until able-bodied combined.
- Finally, it’s time for mix-ins. (You apparently don’t appetite to use added than two cups total.) I chose a bisected cup of broiled cranberries, a half cup amber chips, and a half cup chopped pecans. You can add whatever you like — that’s what makes them “kitchen bore cookies.” Added options accommodate disconnected coconut, raisins, and added broiled fruits like apricots. It’s absolutely up to you!
- Bake for 11 to 12 minutes.
- Allow to air-conditioned completely, and again enjoy!
These accolade additionally freeze well. If you can abstain bistro them all in one sitting that is… 😉
Happy (and delicious) holidays, Mommy Chicks!